Aspendale Gardens News Winter 2020
Read the news here!
Repurposing of Sports Ground in Aspendale Gardens
City of Kingston is removing the passive-recreation Aspendale Gardens Sports Ground and developing it into soccer grounds for the Aspendale Stingrays Soccer Club.
Resident feedback has strongly indicated a preference for modest facilities without overdevelopment.
The project has been split into two stages with Stage 1 works to begin in November 2019 to create the sporting fields and provide car parking, with the aim of commencing games at the site from April 2020.
Features of the proposed new car park design include:
- Over 100 car parking bays, including disabled car parking bays
- Car park lighting
- Access and exiting from Kerr Crescent
- Timed access via automatic gate/retractable bollards
Click here to download the car park layout.
Features of the new sports lighting include:
- 12 x 28m light poles
- Timing device to be installed to regulate hours of use
- Achieve club competition (junior) and match practice lighting levels for both AFL and soccer – minimum of 100 lux
- Lighting levels at residential boundaries to be less than 10 lux, as per Australian Standards and certified by lighting engineer.
Consultation for Stage 2 works (design and use of the new pavilion) is expected to commence at the end of 2019.
For more information, see the City of Kingston website. https://www.kingston.vic.gov.au/agsr
Mordialloc Freeway – construction has commenced!
Aspendale Gardens Residents Association are strong supporters and advocates for the Mordialloc Freeway and have been campaigning for the freeway for over two decades. A 2018 residents survey showing almost 80% were in strong favour with just 9% of residents surveyed not wanting the project to go ahead.
To keep informed on everything about this project please go to https://roadprojects.vic.gov.au/projects/mordialloc-freeway and sign up for updates.