Aspendale Gardens News Winter 2020
Read the news here!
Sports Ground in Aspendale Gardens
Thank you to everyone that provided feedback during the consultation period regarding the construction of the new pavilion and other landscape improvements at Aspendale Gardens Sports Ground in early 2020.
The project has been split into two stages with Stage 1 works to create the sporting fields and provide car parking now complete.
Stage 2 includes the construction of a new pavilion and landscaping improvements.
For more information, see the City of Kingston website. https://www.kingston.vic.gov.au/agsr
Mordialloc Freeway – due to be completed in 2021.
Aspendale Gardens Residents Association are strong supporters and advocates for the Mordialloc Freeway and have been campaigning for the freeway for over two decades. A 2018 residents survey showing almost 80% were in strong favour with just 9% of residents surveyed not wanting the project to go ahead.
To keep informed on everything about this project please go to https://roadprojects.vic.gov.au/projects/mordialloc-freeway and sign up for updates.
Please see meeting notes from August 2020 meeting here
Community and Legacy Opportunities – September 2020
There is an opportunity for MRPV and its project partners to create positive, long last lasting benefits beyond the infrastructure that they build:
Opportunities to support the local community during construction could include:
• Education: visits to local schools, site visits and tours where possible
• Participation: supporting local events such as fetes, fairs, working bees
• In-kind support: providing construction machinery, timber or mulch
• Fundraising / volunteering: supporting local community initiatives or sporting and recreational groups Community and Legacy Opportunities
Beyond community opportunities, there are also legacy opportunities with benefits existing past the construction of our project
Legacy opportunities could include:
• Open spaces development: create or improve spaces to meet the needs of a growing community, e.g. gym, playground equipment, seating
• Signage: Creating new signage significant to the local area
• Cultural: murals or other artwork
• Partnerships: partnering with community groups to deliver programs of benefit to the community
Do you have any ideas? Please email Ken Carney on firstname.lastname@example.org to take to the meeting on Thursday 22 October 2020.